Your mission- if you choose to accept it- is to navigate your way through the deep, dark, mysterious caves of Yarra Junction!
Don’t get too distracted by the beauty of the glow-worms overhead as you crawl through mud and the smallest of gaps to find yet another maze of caverns for the curious.
Don’t let the trickling underground streams fool you into thinking there won’t be another challenging ledge for you to climb up or slide down at the next turn.
This is not a walk-through scenic tour, not at all! This is hands-on, dirty and at times quite physical, perfect for those with a lust for adventure!
- Perfect beginner cave for all levels
- No experience required
- All equipment provided
- Optional Winery lunch available for morning sessions
Yarra Junction Caves, approximately 50 minutes from Melbourne CBD. We will send you confirmation details upon booking so you will have a map with directions to the caving site.
Dates & Times
Please check the Caving Calender for dates running. Caving is usually held from 9am to 1pm.
- Professional guides
- 3 hour caving experience, approximately 2 hours under ground
- Caving (spelunking) helmets & head torches
- Added option: book a morning session and get a Full Cellar Door Wine Tasting Experience at Rochford Winery (wine tasting is only valid on day of activity and closes at 5pm)
- Added lunch option: book a morning session and you have the option to add a delicious winery lunch from Rochford Wines (only a short drive from our Caving site)
- IMPORTANT: You will be navigating through tight spaces that open into large spaces. Because of this, we do not recommended this adventure for people who are over 105kg (unless you are tall and in proportion).
- Minimum age: 12 years
- Adults to accompany children under the age of: 16 years.
- Participants under 18 years old must have their forms filled in by parent or guardian.
- You must have your own transport to get to the site. We do not do pick ups. Also please note that there is a dirt road heading up to the site.
What to bring
- An email will be sent to you upon booking for details.
- We recommend overalls over old clothes so you don't get too muddy.
- You will get wet so please bring a change of clothes.
- You can lock your personal belongings in your vehicle as the caving site is close to your car.
- If you would like to take photos please bring a waterproof camera as there is ample opportunity to take some awesome shots while you're in the cave.
"Caving was a fantastic experience, although it was quite terrifying at first our guide made sure we were safe and helped us through all the difficult spots. really was exceptional." - Catherine
"every single move in the dark and wet cave is a challenge to me; but with the help of the staffs and group members, I totally enjoyed this experience! My kids can't wait to grow up so they also can get in there." - Belinda