This trip is ideal for those wanting to try abseiling and rock climbing in a fun and supportive environment. Locations we use are ideal for beginners to intermediate climbers. All climbing sites are located close to Melbourne.
- 2 fantastic adventures in a single day
- A delicious lunch included
- All equipment provided
- No experience required, suitable for all fitness and abilities
Upon your arrival to our rock climbing site you will be greeted by our fun guides who will take you through a quick safety briefing and skills training. Then it's time to see how far you can make it up the wall. There will be ample opportunity to rock climb different sections of the wall. Sections will vary in difficulty. We'll challenge you and coach you to get further with each try.
At around noon we will stop to have a yummy lunch where we can socialise with other participants and guides.
After lunch your guides will set the ropes up for abseiling and give you a bit more training. Now it is time to test your nerve as you lower yourself over the edge of the cliff. There will be ample opportunity to try different abseiling techniques throughout the afternoon.
The main location we use is at Brisbane Ranges which is about 50 minutes west of Melbourne. Occasionally we also use Werribee Gorge which is also about 50 minutes west of Melbourne. We will send you confirmation details upon booking so you will have directions.
Dates & Times
Please check Rock Climbing & Abseiling Calendar for dates running. Rock Climbing & Abseiling trips are held from 9pm to 4pm.
- Beautiful picnic lunch.
- Professional climbing/abseiling guides.
- All climbing & safety gear including ropes, harnesses, helmets, carabiners & belay devices.
- Minimum age: 12 years
- Maximum weight: 110 kg
- Adults to accompany children under the age of: 16 years.
- Participants under 18 years old must have their forms filled in by parent or guardian
- People with long hair must have it tied back.
- You must have your own transport to get to the site. We do not do pick ups. Also please note that there is a dirt road heading up to the site.
What to bring
An email will be sent to you upon booking for details on what to bring on your outdoor rock climbing and abseiling tour. Dress to suit the weather. We prefer you wear pants so you don't scrape your legs on the rocks. Also wear shoes that cover your feet (no heels). Runners are great for this activity. Don't forget your camera and keen sense of adventure.
"Thank you Melbourne Advnenture Hub for such a fun day out, rock climb was a big challenge, so glad I made it to the top. Abseil was great fun as well, I was so nervous on the first go."
- Jane, Doncaster