Challenge yourself to an Abseil and Caving tour while you enjoy some of Victoria’s amazing natural scenery.
This trip is ideal for those wanting to try two of our most exciting adventures in a fun and supportive environment. The sites we use is ideal for beginner to intermediate abseilers and cavers.
The caving portion of this tour will have you strap on a helmet and a head torch and climb, slither, push and navigate your way through an exciting cave system. Inside this brand new world you’ll get to see phosphorous glow worms, cave crickets and other amazing cave-dwelling critters. Some spots are tight where you will need to wriggle like a worm, other spots you will be able to stand up and walk around.
Upon your arrival to our abseiling site you will be greeted by our professional guides who will take you through a safety briefing plus an abseiling skills session. Then it’s up to you to do as much abseiling as you like, with a range of different options that range in difficulty. Our professional guides will challenge and coach you to get further with each try.
The location used on this tour is located about 1 hour from Melbourne in the Yarra Valley:
- Mount Donna Buang near Healesville, about an hour and 15 minutes from Melbourne.
- Yarra Junction Caves, approximately one hour from Melbourne CBD.
We will send you confirmation details upon booking so you will have a map with directions to the both sites.
DATES & TIMES
Abseiling is available from November to June and Caving is available all year round on set dates. All our dates can be viewed in the ‘Book Tour’ box. If you have a group of 6 or more and would like another date please contact us to see if we can cater to your date of choice.
- Professional abseil guides.
- All abseiling and caving equipment
WHAT TO BRING
An email will be sent to you upon booking for details on what to bring on your outdoor program.
- Minimum age: 12 years.
- Maximum weight: 110 kg.
- Adults to accompany children under the age of: 16 years.
- IMPORTANT FOR CAVING: You will be navigating through tight spaces that open into large spaces. Because of this, we do not recommended this adventure for people who are over 105kg (unless you are tall and in proportion)
- Participants under 18 years old must have their forms filled in by parent or guardian.
- Average level of fitness required, if you have any previous illness please advise before booking.
- People with long hair must have it tied back.
- Pregnant women, it is not advised after your 1st Trimester. Participant discretion advised.
- You must have your own transport to get to the site. We do not offer pick ups.