Challenge yourself to an Abseiling program while you enjoy Victoria’s amazing scenery. Surrounded by the vast nature and breathtaking views, you will descend the summit. Feel the thrill as you step off the peak.
Take your experience further with a relaxing, beautiful winery lunch at Rochford Wines in Coldstream. It’s the perfect way to round off your exhilarating adventure.
This trip is ideal for those wanting to try abseiling in a fun and supportive environment. The site we use is ideal for beginners to intermediate climbers.
Upon your arrival to our abseiling site you will be greeted by our professional guides who will take you through a safety briefing plus an abseiling skills session. Then it’s up to you to do as much abseiling as you like, with a range of different options that range in difficulty. Our professional guides will challenge and coach you to get further with each try.
The location used on this tour is located about 1 hour from Melbourne in the Yarra Valley:
- Mount Donna Buang near Healesville, about an hour and 15 minutes from Melbourne.
- Rochford Wines is a 25 minute drive east of the river, at 878-880 Maroondah Hwy, Coldstream VIC 3770.
We will send you confirmation details upon booking so you will have a map with directions to the abseil site.
DATES & TIMES
Abseiling is available from November to June. All our dates can be viewed in the ‘Book Tour’ box. If you have a group of 6 or more and would like another date please contact us to see if we can cater to your date of choice.
- Professional abseil guides.
- All abseiling equipment
- Delicious winery lunch and Cellar Door Wine Tasting Experience from Rochford Wines (only a short 20min drive from our Abseil site).
WHAT TO BRING
An email will be sent to you upon booking for details on what to bring on your outdoor abseiling program. Dress to suit the weather. We prefer you wear pants so you don’t scrape your legs on the rocks. Also wear shoes that cover your feet. Runners are great for this activity (climbing shoes are optional on the day). Don’t forget your camera and keen sense of adventure.
- Minimum age: 12 years.
- Maximum weight: 110 kg.
- Adults to accompany children under the age of: 16 years.
- Participants under 18 years old must have their forms filled in by parent or guardian.
- Average level of fitness required, if you have any previous illness please advise before booking.
- People with long hair must have it tied back.
- Pregnant women, it is not advised after your 1st Trimester. Participant discretion advised.
- You must have your own transport to get to the site. We do not offer pick ups.