Caving is a fantastic activity to get a group working together, ideal as a conference break out activity, fun for a Bucks / Hens party or any other group.
The group will have to navigate through the deep, dark, mysterious caves of Yarra Junction!
They will need to stay focused and not get too distracted by the beauty of the glow-worms overhead as they crawl through mud and the smallest of gaps to find yet another maze of caverns for the curious.
There are sections with a little bit of water and lots of other challenging ledges for the group to climb up or slide down.
This is not a walk-through scenic tour, not at all! This is hands-on, dirty and at times quite physical, perfect for those with a lust for adventure!
Perfect beginner cave for all levels
- No experience required
- All equipment provided
- Optional Winery lunch available for morning sessions
FULL DAY OPTION
Why not make this day extra special by making a full day of it, there are two options to choose from:
Only an extra $700 and get a delicious lunch included, click on the links above for more details.
- $1600 for a group of up to 16 participants
- $2300 for a group of up to 24 participants
- For only an extra $500 per group of 24 you can have the group picked up from an office, home or hotel
- There are a number of options for lunch on the day:
- Lunch $15 per person
- Catered lunch $50 per person
- Lunch at Rochford $75 per person
Yarra Junction Caves, approximately 50 minutes from Melbourne CBD. We will send you confirmation details upon booking so you will have a map with directions to the caving site.
DATES & TIMES
As this is a private tour, it is available every day of the year (except Christmas Day). The times available are 9am, 1pm or 5pm.
- Professional guides
- 3 hour caving experience, approximately 2 hours under ground
- Caving (spelunking) helmets & head torches
- Added option: book a morning session and get a Full Cellar Door Wine Tasting Experience at Rochford Winery (wine tasting is only valid on day of activity and closes at 5pm)
- Added lunch option: book a morning session and you have the option to add a delicious winery lunch from Rochford Wines (only a short drive from our Caving site)
- IMPORTANT: You will be navigating through tight spaces that open into large spaces. Because of this, we do not recommended this adventure for people who are over 105kg (unless you are tall and in proportion).
- Minimum age: 12 years
- Adults to accompany children under the age of: 16 years.
- Participants under 18 years old must have their forms filled in by parent or guardian.
- You must have your own transport to get to the site. We do not do pick ups. Also please note that there is a dirt road heading up to the site.
WHAT TO BRING
- An email will be sent to you upon booking for details.
- We recommend overalls over old clothes so you don’t get too muddy.
- You will get wet so please bring a change of clothes.
- You can lock your personal belongings in your vehicle as the caving site is close to your car.
- If you would like to take photos please bring a waterproof camera as there is ample opportunity to take some awesome shots while you’re in the cave.