This caving experience will get you muddy and wet! You will have a huge smile on your face just like being a little kid again, what’s even better is you get to follow it up with a beautiful winery lunch!
To begin you will strap on a helmet, a head torch and climb, slither, push and navigate your way through an exciting cave system. Inside this brand new world you’ll get to see phosphorous glow worms, cave crickets and other amazing cave-dwelling critters. Some spots are tight where you will need to wriggle like a worm, other spots you will be able to stand up and walk around.
Yarra Junction Caves, approximately one hour from Melbourne CBD. We will send you confirmation details upon booking so you will have a map with directions to the caving site.
Rochford Wines is a 25 minute drive east of the river, at 878-880 Maroondah Hwy, Coldstream VIC 3770.
DATES & TIMES
Caving is available all year round on set dates. All our dates can be viewed in the ‘Book Tour’ box. If you have a group of 6 or more and would like another date please contact us to see if we can cater to your date of choice.
- Professional guides
- 3 hour caving experience, approximately 2 hours under ground
- Caving (spelunking) helmets & head torches
- Delicious winery lunch and Cellar Door Wine Tasting Experience from Rochford Wines (only a short 20min drive from our Caving site).
WHAT TO BRING
An email will be sent to you upon booking with a packing list for individuals and parental consent form (if required) that needs to be filled out and returned on the day. Old clothes that cover your arms and legs with old shoes are recommended for caving as well as a full change of clothes.
- IMPORTANT: You will be navigating through tight spaces that open into large spaces. Because of this, we do not recommended this adventure for people who are over 105kg (unless you are tall and in proportion).
- Minimum age: 12 years
- Adults to accompany children under the age of: 16 years.
- Participants under 18 years old must have their forms filled in by parent or guardian.
- Pregnant women, it is not advised after your 1st Trimester. Participant discretion advised.
- You must have your own transport to get to the site. We do not do pick ups. Also please note that there is a dirt road heading up to the site.