Experience Melbourne as your group has never seen it before from a kayak on the Yarra River. Our two person kayaks are perfect for those who want to enjoy Melbourne’s iconic sights with a group of friends or a work function.
- Kayak through the heart of Melbourne
- Learn about Melbourne’s Indigenous and European history
- Suitable for all groups
Our tour begins across the river from Federation Square (but can be customised to suit your group) where they will meet your professional guides who will give them all the equipment they need and take care of their bags and valuables. Before they get on the river the guides will take them through a quick skills session and a safety briefing.
Then the adventure begins! Depending on conditions we may head upstream or downstream. Either way, you’ll get to see the city from a very different point of view.
If we head upstream we will take them past the Royal Botanical Gardens and Tennis Centre all the way to Herring Island located just past Chapel Street. At Herring Island they will get the opportunity to get out of their kayak and explore the Island before heading back down into the city.
If we head downstream we will take them for a very different view of Southbank, Crown Casino and Docklands. They will have the opportunity to get up close to multi-million dollar yachts.
They will also learn about Melbourne’s history, why the Yarra had such an important role in Melbourne being settled and how it has changed over the years. Even people who have lived in Melbourne all their lives are surprised by what they learn on our tour!
PRICE & ADDED EXTRA’S
- $1600 for a group of up to 20 participants
- $2300 for a group of up to 30 participants
- For only an extra $500 (per group of 24) you can have the group picked up from an office, home or hotel
- There are a number of options for lunch on the day:
- Lunch $15 per person
- Catered lunch $50 per person
Yarra River, Melbourne City, Victoria, just across the river from Federation Square. Other starting or finishing points are available including Docklands.
DATES & TIMES
As this is a private tour, it is available every day of the year (except Christmas Day).
- Professional kayaking guides.
- Kayak, paddle hire & safety gear including PFD (personal floatation device).
WHAT TO BRING
When you book an email will be sent to you with details on what to bring for your kayaking tour. We recommend to dress for the weather and keep in mind that there is a high chance you will get wet so please bring a change of clothes. We can lock your personal belongings in our vehicle while you’re on your tour. If you would like to take photos please bring a waterproof camera as there is ample opportunity to take some awesome shots of Melbourne’s iconic spots.
PARTICIPANT REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS TOUR
- Minimum age: 12 years
- Maximum weight: 130 kg
- Adults to accompany children under the age of: 16 years.
- Participants under 18 years old must have their forms filled in by parent or guardian